The town of Canicattì
Tourism in Canicattì
Amongst the many beautiful monuments in Canicattì, its Mother Church is undoubtedly of great interest.
It is also called Church of St. Pancras and was built around the second half of the 18th century.
Photo © Alfonso Messina
On the first altar there is the Ecce Homo, a small marble statue with delicate veins.
On the second altar there is a canvas signed by Pietro d'Asaro dated back to 1633, representing the Holy Family with St. Ann and St. Gioacchino, recently restored and coming from the Church of the Carmelo.
On the third altar there is one of Olivio Sozzi's (1690-1765) paintings, Our Lady of Sorrows and there is also the Madonna of Graces, a Byzantine style statue (16th century).