|The town of Licata
Tourism in Licata
Of great interest is the Church of the Carmine and its Convent.
Existing as early as the 13th century, the two buildings underwent many changes, and in 1748 were completely restored by Giovanni Biagio Amico.
The facade of the church is in Baroque style and inside there are 16th and 17th century sarcophagi and paintings, such as ten precious medallions by Domenico Provenzani da Palma di Montechiaro, representing events of the Old and New Testaments.
Photo © Affinità Elettive
We also find paintings by Felici and the wonderful sacristy dated back to the 14th-15th century.
Really interesting is the cloister of the convent (16th century), where there are two mullioned windows and a portal (Chiaramonte family period) with the magnificent ruins of the 13th century capitular room.