|The town of Naro
Tourism in Naro
Naro was probably a Greek town and it has many valuable monuments.
Among them we mention the Church of the Redeemer with its imposing facade and a wonderful baroque portal, and the Mother Church.
It was built in the 17th century by the Jesuits and was entitled Mother Church when the Dome started to be unsafe in 1867.
Several are the masterpieces kept into the church, originally from the Dome.
Photo © Affinità Elettive
Amongst them, the wonderful baptismal font in relief made in 1424 by Maestro Nardo de Crepanzano, the Holy Family, a marble group of statues by the Gagini school, and a Madonna of the Chain by Giacomo Gagini (1517-1598).
In the choir there is a large painting by Domenico Provenzani (1736-1794) representing the Annunciation and a Madonna of the Piece (16th century). In the sacristy there is a valuable wooden furniture, originally belonging to the Dome.