The town of Aci Bonaccorsi
Tourism in Aci Bonaccorsi
The small town of Aci Bonaccorsi, was found in the XVI century and it derived from the fusion of four near villages Leoni, Paoli, Battiati and Bonaccorsi.
The last village later gave its name to the future village, prevailing over the others.
The Fountain of the Castle is very important and from artistical point of view it is very interesting.
Photo © Laudani Venero
It was made in 1952 and was set in the place that now is the main square of the village.
Its structure is in lava stone and shows images of the little Castle of Aci and of the Scogli dei Ciclopi (Cliffs of Cyclopes).
This evocative work is made in high-relief and it can ascribe to Sicilian sculptor S. Contarino.