The town of
Tourism in Biancavilla
Built in the XVIII century, the Cathedral Church reflects the austerity of most of the XVIIIth-century buildings.
In the last years of 1800, the original aspect of the Church underwent some radical changes because of different works of finishing.
These changes are ascribed to Carlo Sada (1809-1873) who gave a pseudobaroque structure to the building.
To Sada it can be also ascribed the creation of the majestic bell-tower adjacent the Church. To its top it is possible to admire an elegant majolica dome.
Inside are kept different works which are ascribed to various authors and periods.
Worthy of mentioning are the ancient paintings which represent San Zenone and the Byzantine Madonna dell'Elemosina (Our Lady of Charity), brought in Biancavilla by some Albanian refugees.