The town of
Tourism in Bronte
The Church of Trinità was built in the early of the XVI century. It derives from the union of two adjacent churches: that of the Santissima Trinità (Trinity) and that of Santa Maria.
The building outside shows an imposing bell-tower datable to 1579 and a large flight of steps which emphasizes the special beauty of the middle gate which is made from lavic stone worked with much inspiration and technique by local masters.
As regards the inside it is built with three naves and reflects the classical scheme of most of sacred buildings of the time.
Photo © Affinità Elettive
In it are kept different works of art which are ascribed to various artists and periods. Among them it is given a particular attention to a very precious wood Crucifix which is datable to the XVI century.
Even if it is the work of an unknown artist, it has a great value for meticulousness of working that is succeded in giving a very human expression to Christ'face.