Italiano
The province of Catania

Camporotondo Etneo

 

Camporotondo Etneo
Photo © Camporotondoweb.altervista.org

Photo © A.p.t. Catania 

Chiesa del Carmelo

Camporotondo Etneo (Zip Code 95040) is 210 Km. distant from Agrigento, 144 Km. from Caltanissetta, 18 Km. from Catania, which is the province it belongs to, 115 Km. from Enna, 94 Km. from Messina, 256 Km. from Palermo, 122 Km. from Ragusa, 76 Km. from Siracusa, 355 Km. from Trapani.

The municipality counts 2.615 inhabitants, its surface measures 638 hectares, and its population density counts 410 inhabitants per square kilometre.

It rises over a hilly area, 450 meters above the sea-level.

The Town Hall is located in via Umberto n. 46, tel. ++39 095-520151 fax. ++39 095-529366.

Situated on the southern slope of mountain Etna, Camporotondo Etneo is outstanding for the rich production of olives, grapes, almonds, figs, Indian figs, and citrus fruits.

Photo © Camporotondoweb.altervista.org 

Chiesa Madre

All throughout the territory, there are several lime and brick factories, clay extractive industries, and small oenological firms.

The town was named Camporotondo (literally, round field) because of its circular conformation.

In 1863, the appositive Etneo was added due to the proximity of mountain Etna. There is little information regarding the town's history.

However, it belonged to the noble Retina family in 1654, and it was destroyed by the volcanic eruption in 1669.

Photo © A.p.t. Catania 

Chiesa del Purgatorio

After its reconstruction, it first belonged to the prince of Paternò, and was then under the jurisdiction of Catania's municipality.

In 1730, it became feud of lord Francesco Natoli and appointed marquisate. It remained a possession of this noble family until the XIX century, when the feudal rights were abolished.

Architecturally, the most outstanding monuments are the Church dedicated to S. Antonio Abate, and the baronial Palazzo Natoli, both baroque structures dated XVII century.

One of Camporotondo's famous citizen's was a priest, Antonio Corsaro (1905-1995), outstanding for his teachings of French Literature at the Università degli Studi of Palermo.

He was the inventor of the literary movement called "Verticalismo".

The Company

The Reti e Sistemi S.r.l. founded in 2000 by a group of professionals with decades of experience in Information Technology to be able to meet the most diverse computing needs of its valued customers.

Information

  • Phone: +39 0923 / 547983 - +39 0923 / 548695
  • Fax: +39 0923 / 038230
  • E-mail: info@sicilia.indettaglio.it
  • Address: Corso Piersanti Mattarella n. 12 91100 Trapani (Tp) Italia