The town of Castel di Judica
Tourism in Castel di Judica
Dedicated to Santa Maria delle Grazie (Our Lady of Graces) the patron of the town, the Church dates back to aperiod before the XIX century.
The building is erecteted solitary far from the inhabited centre.
Photo © A.p.t. Catania
In 1892 it was enlarged at believers' expense; in 1931 was restored again to repair damages caused by inclement weather.
Inside the Church still now keeps most of original furnituresamong these there are wood statues, works of unknown persons, representing San Giuseppe, the Madonna delle Grazie and Sant'Antonio da Padova, which are very interesting from artistic point of view.
Worth mentioning are also the walls of Greek origin which run along the Church and are the evidence of passing of this great people (the Greeks) in Sicily.