The town of Castiglione di Sicilia
Tourism in Castiglione di Sicilia
Consecrated to San Pietro, the Church was built in a period that probably it thinks could be dated from the XVIII░ century.
This thesis is supported by the presence of original furnitures which are peculiar of the XVIII░ century.
The inside shows a Latin cross plan and has three paintings which are very important and can be ascribed to Antonio Bonaccorsi (1826-1897) "l'Adultera" (the Adulteress) on the first right altar, "San Biagio" and "Immacolata" on the left altars.
Photo © A.p.t. Catania
In direction of the right transept it is possible to admire a wood Crucifix probably made in the XVI century and on the floor a sun-dial, work of Temistocle Zona (1882).
Left the transept it comes to an apse built in the early of the XII░ century.
The elegant technique used to build it is recognizable by the small hanging arches with circular shape which characterize it and on them it was built a bell-tower in the XVIII░ century.