The town of Grammichele
Tourism in Grammichele
Built in 1724, the Cathedral Church rises in the main square of the small town and before it there is a very suggestive flight of steps.
The outside shows a front in baroque style as simple as refined.
The upper part of the front has been finished and changed by the architect Carlo Sada (1809-1873).
He changed the original aspect and added the completion instead of the clock which was then set into Townhall.
Photo © A.p.t. Catania
As regards the inside it is very evocative also in consideration of its largeness.
Its structure shows a Latin cross plan with three naves divided by five arcades.
The cross-vault exstends for good 22 metres in length and in direction of the centre there is a dome which elevates to 39 metres from the ground.