The town of Linguaglossa
Tourism in Linguaglossa
Built in the first half of the XVII century, the Convent of Capuchins is one of the most beautiful buildings of the town.
Inside there are still now kept all the original furnitures also including works attributable to different periods and artists.
Among these very interesting is the high-altar in inlaid walnut made by Brother Mariano of Francavilla (XIX century) and Brother Vincenzo of Catania (XIX century) and it is dated back to the XIX century.
Photo © A.p.t. Catania
Inside this altar it is possible to admire a valuable ciborium in cypress, orange and walnut finely worked by Pietro Bencivinni (1710).
Finally of best workmanship are some canvases made by Father Umile of Messina (1659) among which we cite "l'Immacolata e Santi" (Immaculate and Saints).
Worthy mentioning it is also a wooden statue of the XVIII century representing "Madonna" (Our Lady).