The town of Militello in Val di Catania

Tourism in Militello in Val di Catania

The Church of San Benedetto (St. Benedict)

Founded in 1614 by the prince Don Francesco Branciforte and his wife Giovanna d'Austria, the Church was finished in 1649.

Its structure shows a Latin cross plan with an only nave and chapels on the sides.

The inside still now keeps all of original furnishings which has great value.

At first right altar it is possible to admire a canvas made by an unknown artist and represents "Santa Rosalia che libera dalla peste Palermo" (St. Rosalie who rescues Palermo from plague) datable to the XVIII century.

Photo © A.p.t. Catania 

The Church of San Benedetto (St. Benedict)

The second chapel on the right is adorned with a painting which repreduces the "Misteri della vita di Gesù e della Vergine" (Mysteries of Christ and Virgin's life) and shows an altar of gilded wood dated back to the early XVIII century, which includes a little painting representing Gesù Bambino (Christ Child).

Adjacent to the chapel there are gravestones of the founder, of his three sons and his brother. In direction of the third right altar it is possible to admire a canvas representing San Gertrude made by an unknown artist in the XVIII century.

On the sides of the transept there are two marble altars of the early of XVIII century; on its right side there is a wooden coloured statue which represents the "Madonna del Rosario" (Our Lady of Rosary) which is dated back to the XVII century.

The presbytery was rebuilt in 1725 and shows behind high-altar, made of marble in the XVII century, a precious wooden choir of 1735.

Photo © A.p.t. Catania 

Church and ex Monastery of San Benedetto

Set on it there are some works which are very suggestive "Scene della vita di San Benedetto" (Scenes from St. Benedict's life), "I Misteri dolorosi e gloriosi" (Painful and Glorious Misteries) and the "Quattro Evangelisti" (Four Evangelists).

Finally, at the second left altar it is possible to admire "L'Ultima comunione di San Benedetto" (The last Communion of St. Benedict) made by Sebastiano Conca (1680-1764); at first left altar "Il martirio di San Sebastiano" (St. Sebastian's martyrdom) made by unknown artist and datable to 1700.

The Company

The Reti e Sistemi S.r.l. founded in 2000 by a group of professionals with decades of experience in Information Technology to be able to meet the most diverse computing needs of its valued customers.


  • Phone: +39 0923 / 547983 - +39 0923 / 548695
  • Fax: +39 0923 / 038230
  • E-mail:
  • Address: Corso Piersanti Mattarella n. 12 91100 Trapani (Tp) Italia