The town of Nicolosi
Tourism in Nicolosi
The Cathedral Church has been since its building one of the most important monuments of the village and the most appreciated by its inhabitants.
Destroyed after the eruption of 1669 the building was rebuilt in the same place with contributions both of municipality and citizens.
The outside is made in the XIX-th century style except the structure of the suggestive bell-tower adjacent the building which is made of lavic stone.
Photo © Affinità Elettive
Inside there are still now kept almost all of the original furnitures. Among these worthy of particular attention are the wooden Crucifix of best workmanship datable to the XVIII century and a valuable organ attributable to Cinquemani.