The town of Santa Venerina
Tourism in Santa Venerina
The village of Santa Venerina has been in the time populated by various people such as the Romans and the Byzantines, who decided to build in this place their evocative towns.
Their passing is still now testified by the presence on the territory of numerous ruins of thermae and churches.
It has always belonged to territory of Acireale, and it became a municipality in 1934.
Photo © Affinità Elettive
The Church of Sacro Cuore is a very interesting monument and it has been built between 1875 and 1878.
Very suggestive is the external structure of the building with an imposing front with three orders and an elegant dome of best workmanship.