|The town of Barrafranca
Tourism in Barrafranca
The Mother Church is dedicated to St. Alexander and it was built on the remains of the pre-existing sanctuary of St. Sebastian, whose dating is difficult.
The interior of the church is beautiful and there are valuable frescoes and stuccoes.
Of great beauty are the paintings adorning the naves, and amongst them has to be mentioned the picture of St. Mary of the Purification made by Paladini (1544-1614).
Photo © Enna Sviluppo
There are also some paintings, made by the same painter, which were later denominated "echi paladineschi". Some of them are in the high altar and in the central nave, others are along the church walls.