The town of Enna
Tourism in Enna
This church was built in the 14th century and its original appearance has been altered by several hard restorations.
Standing in front of the church you can see the three order 15th century bell-tower rising on a rocky cliff.
Across a wide flight of steps placed behind the apse, it is possible to visit the interesting single nave interior.
Photo © Walter Lo Cascio
The church has several works of art by various artists and dated back to different times. Amongst them we include a wooden cross, painted on both sides and placed above the holy arch, probably by Pietro Ruzzolone (1484- 1526) and a painting in wood representing the Epiphany (16th century) on the right wall and probably by Simone di Wobreck (1557- 1586).
Of great beauty are the valuable frescoes by Giovan Battista Bruno (17th century) at the sides of the presbytery, as well as the paintings by Francesco Ciotti from Enna (1706) representing the Nativity and Our Lady's Assumption.