|The town of Alcara Li Fusi
Tourism in Alcara Li Fusi
The imposing Cathedral Church, dedicated to Maria SS. Assunta (The Virgin Mary received into Heaven), raises in the lower part of the village. It shows an octagonal dome and on its side there is a splendid embattled and pointed bell-tower.
Inside it keeps a canvas representing San Nicloò Politi made by Filippo Tancredi (1655-1722/25); a canvas representing the Adorazione dei Magi (Magi's Worship) made by Giuseppe Tommasi (1644); a very beautiful silver urn of San Nicolò Politi of 1581 and the statue of the Saint of the XVI century.
When looking at the Mother Church the elegant apsis can be easily admired.