In the province of Messina there are no airports.
The nearest airport is Filippo Eredia in Catania - Fontanarossa, 103 Km. far from Capizzi. From there you can reach daily all the main italian and international cities.
Sea lines of communication
The nearest ports are in Messina (167 Km.) and in Palermo (157 Km.).
Capizzi is close to the highway 117 connecting S. Stefano di Camastra to Leonforte (En) and to the highway 120 connecting Cerda (Pa) to railway station of Fiumefreddo (Ct).
Capizzi is close to the motorway A20 connecting Palermo to Messina.
It is a tollway and has two lanes plus an emergency lane in both directions.
The motorway A20 is actually under construction: it will be ended within year 2001.
The work is carried on between Cefalù - S. Agata di Militello: it is possible to use the highway 113 in order to cover this course.
The motorway A20 provides the following service areas:
- Caracoli between Termini Imerese junction and industrial area;
- Acquedolci Sud between Furiano junction and Sant'Agata di Militello junction;
- Tindari between Patti junction and Falcone junction;
- Olivarella Sud between Barcellona Pozzo di Gotto junction and Milazzo junction;
- Divieto between Rometta junction and Villafranca junction.
(Railway station of interest: Caronia. Distance from the town: 38 Km)
Click here for the bus route of Sicilia.indettaglio.it