|The town of Castel di Lucio
Tourism in Castel di Lucio
Along Piazza Umberto, place in which the economic and social life of the city is carried out, rises the Mother Church.
In this central position times ago existed a Marian temple, Santa Maria of the Odigidria, and one church dedicated to the saints Luca and Biagio.
In the second half of the 1600's the two churches were accorpate and were built up a temple to three navate to Latin cross, subsequently enriched from one octagonal dome and the squared bell tower.
Entering in the Mother Church you could remain nearly dazzle from the light reflected from the candid walls of the central nave, separated from the two lateral ones from a series of arches.
Of remarkable artistic interest are an elegant marble triptych of the 1544 attributable to gaginesca school and a valuable chorus in wood of the eighteenth century.
Worthy of particular attention is a sculpture of best wormanship of the XVI century representing Cristo alla colonna (Christ at column).
Photo © Municipality of Castel di Lucio
The Norman Castle
The ruins that today we admire us that once protected the underlying case in the country. The Norman fortress is at an altitude of 780 meters. It was built in XII century by the family Ventimiglia.
Nicotra from the historic news that the castle was composed of two towers joined together by two walls, one on the north and another at noon, while the entrance to the castle was on the side of the tower placed in the east.
Today rimanangono of the castle walls and the tower placed in the east while the carved stone, the hardware, tiles and more were sold by Duchi D'nell'Ottocento Agraz, past owners of the castle, to be used in other buildings.