|The town of Castell'Umberto
Tourism in Castell'Umberto
Consecrated to San Francesco d'Assisi (St. Francis of Assisi), the Church is the only sacred building remained in these places of 37 buildings once exstant.
The inside structure shows three naves and five altars very precious, two made in Corinthian order and one in Tuscan order.
In it are still kept most of original furnitures.
Among these it is possible to admire, into a niche surmounting the beginning of the right aisle, a precious marble statue representing Santa Caterina da Siena (St. Cathrine of Siena) attributable to Antonello Gagini (1478-1536).
Worthy of particular attention, in direction of the first right altar, is a precious marble group representing the Annunciazione (Our Lady Day) dating to 1803.
Important is finally a painting of best workmanship representing Madonna col Bambino (Our Lady with Christ Child) placed in the chapel on the left of the mayor and dating back to the XVI century and attributable to school of Gagini.