|The town of Cesarò
Tourism in Cesarò
Consecrated to Madonna Assunta (Virgin Mary received into Heaven), the Cathedral Church was built in the main square of the village in a period antecedent to the XVII century.
In the times it has been object of different works of repair, the most imposing of which was the almost complete rebuilding made in the early XVII century.
Inside the Church still now keeps most of the original furnitures.
Among these is very important a valuable painting on the tablet representing the Crucifix, attributable to Giotto's school.
Among these is very important a valuable wooden triptych of the Holy Family, attributable to Filippo Quattrocchi (XVIII century).
It is possible to admire, finally two suggestive paintings attributable to Giuseppe Salerno (1570-1632).