|The town of Ficarra
Tourism in Ficarra
The Cathedral Church, consecrated to SS. Annunziata (Virgin Mary), is placed in the small square of the centre of the village of Ficarra.
The main front was remade in 1600.
Inside there are so many works of art. At the right altar, into a niche with marble bas-reliefs made by Francesco del Piccolo (1567), there is a statue of Immacolata made by school of Gagini.
Photo © email@example.com
In the right transept there is a marble polyptych of the XVI century with Madonna col Bambino Gesù e Santi (Our Lady with Christ Child and Christ and Saints).
The chapel on the right of the mayor one, rich of stuccoes and close with a railing, made by Lancias, preserves a splendid marble statue of Annunciata made by Antonio Gagini (1504-1532).
In the chapel of Sacrament, on the left of the mayor one, there is a marble ciborium of 1536. At the fourth altar on the left it is possible to admire a very big statue of Madonna della Neve (Our Lady of Snow).