|The town of Fiumedinisi
Tourism in Fiumedinisi
In the centre of the village, in piazza Martire, raises the Cathedral consecrated to SS. Annunziata built in the period of Norman domination and restored in the second half of 1600.
The inside with a basilical plan, is made up of three naves divided by monolith columns made of local marble, with a transept which is set in higher place than the room.
The Cathedral keeps a wooden multicoloured statue of Santa Lucia (St. Lucy) made by Rinaldo Bonanno (1530-1600), a little marble statue of Madonna delle Grazie (Our Lady of the Graces) of Montorsoliana workshop (1560) and a very beautiful canvas representing the Ss. Cosma e Damiano attibuted to Giovanni Battista Quagliata (1603-1673).
Photo © Municipality of Fiumedinisi
At the altar of the left transept there is a fresco in Byzantine style of Madonna col Bambino (Our Lady with Christ Child).