|The town of Malfa
Tourism in Malfa
The Church of Sant'Anna is datable to 1700.
Inside there are some paintings and sculptures: the Natività della Vergine(The Virgin's Nativity) of 1742, an oil-canvas; the Madonna del Rosario (Our Lady of Rosary) of the XIX century, an oil-canvas; the Madonna della Guardia of 1919; the sculpture representing the Sacro Cuore (the Holy Heart) of 1925 of wood; the sculpture representing S. Anna con Vergine Bambina (St. Anne with Virgin Child) of the XX century of wood; the sculpture representing San Giuseppe con Gesù Bambino (St. Joseph with Christ Child) of 1925, of inlaid and painted wood.
The sacresty keeps a turibolo, made of chiselled silver and worked by burin, with a round base marked with long shapes like simpleton.
This ornamental motif recurs on the globet and on the cover where it is alterned now with curved cornices of square tiles and now with olive trees.
The grip with ring for the hanging is decorated with small loaves of laurel. It is a work of the Neapolitan silversmith Raffaele Sisino, author of a production of sacred objects in Naples and surroundings since 1850.
The baptismal font is made up of mixture of marble and plaster chips, with evidences of gilding, datable to 1914.