|The town of Mazzarrà Sant'Andrea
Tourism in Mazzarrà Sant'Andrea
Sixty kilometres from Messina, on the slopes of mounts Peloritani, in the inland of the gulf of Patti, rises Mazzarrà Sant'Andrea.
Its territory, dominion of the Giardino family in 1500 and then feud of the Spataforas, founders of the village, houses best cultivations typical of the area, such as citrus-fruits, cereals, vines and vegetables.
The village, kind in its aspect and with a town-planning very simple and elegant, celebrates on the last sunday of August the beautiful feast of Madonna delle Grazie (Our Lady of Graces) with a procession to which all the citizens take part.
Always in August Mazzarrà shows a fair which attracts visitors from surrounding villages.
Photo © Municipality of Mazzarrà Sant'Andrea
The village is well supplied also with sport infrastructures: tennis football and basket courses, places of gathering not only for young people.
The religious functions take place in the beautiful Cathedral Church, dedicated to Madonna delle Grazie. The temple, built in 1776, gets on the front a splendid portal of the XVIII century which pays glory to the whole building. The insides, refined with elegant furnishings, by beautiful representations and by imposing sculptures, show a magnificent Holy Altar.
The altar area is made up of the altar, supported by the jamb, looks at the right side of the area of reading of Gospel and at the left side of the place reserved at the lesson of the Epistle.