|The town of Merì
Tourism in Merì
On the extreme slopes of mounts Peloritani stretches Merì, surrounded by a beautiful landscape made of green of olive-grooves, of citrus-orchards, of vineyards and of soft colours of the sea and of the sky which softly enclose the splendid coast.
The building of the Cathedral Church, dedicated to Santissima Annunziata, began in 1596 and finished in the half of the XVII century.
The temple, with a Latin criss plan, houses inside altars of St. Lucy, St. Blaise, St.Anthony and of the Holy Heart, all of them set in the right aisle. The left aisle shows altars of St. Rita, of Our Lady of Rosary and of Immaculate Conception.
Characteristic is the iron spiral staircase which gets to a small apse on which it is placed a bellws organ.