|The town of Militello Rosmarino
Tourism in Militello Rosmarino
Built in the last years of the XV century, the Church was the centre round which the present village has developed.
It was built by express wish of baron Russo, whose family had belonged the whole village in the course of the XV century.
Inside the Church keeps Laira Russo’s sarcophagus, baron’s wife, which is made by the school of Domenico Gagini (1420-1492).
Photo © Antonino Santomarco Terrano
Interesting from artistic point of view are two paintings of best workmanship made in Renaissance and representing the Madonna con il Bambino (Our Lady with Christ Child) and the Arco dell'Annunciazione (Arch of Annunciation).