|The town of Mistretta
Tourism in Mistretta
The Cathedral Church is consecrated to St. Lucy. Its present structure dates back to 1630, but it surely has more ancient origins, like it is possible to infer from the architectonic structure.
The main front originally was close between two bell-towers, of which the left one is unfinished and the right one is adorned with beautiful mullioned windows.
On the external right wing of the transept there is a beautiful ogival portal of 1300.
The portal of 1494, which opens on the right side, is attributed to Giorgio da Milano (1484-97). The portal on the left side is made in 1626.
Inside, into the Chapel dedicated to Our Lady there is the Madonna dei Miracoli (Our Lady of Miracles), also this is attributed to Giorgio of Milan (1484-97).
In the Chapel consecrated to St. Lucy is kept a very beautiful altar-piece made by Antonello Gagini (1478-1536) and the statues of Santa Lucia, San Pietro e San Paolo of 1552.
Behind the high-altar there are XVIIth-century rooms of choir and a very beautiful organ datable to 1700.