|The province of Messina
Naso is 240 km. distant from Agrigento, 194 km. from Caltanissetta, 117 km. from Catania, 153 km. from Enna, 113 km. from Messina, which province it belongs to, 166 km. from Palermo, 221 km. from Ragusa, 175 km. from Siracusa, 265 km. from Trapani.
The municipality has 4.562 inhabitants and an area of 3.660 hectares for a population density of 125 inhabitants per square kilometre. It rises along the coast on a hilly area and is 497 metres above sea-level.
The Town Hall is placed in piazza Roma, tel. ++39 0941-961060 fax. ++39 0941-961041. E-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Main economic activities are agriculture and breeding. Products mostly cultivated are hazel-nuts, chestnuts, olives, oranges, lemons, grapes. Breeding prevalently present is the sheep one.
Naso derives its name from Latin Nasus, that means protuberance. The village probably has Medieval origin. During the centuries it has belonged to different feudatories: Blascos, Artale Alagona, Cadornas, Aragonas and Ventimiglias who made of it a county in 1572. In 1788 it became a State town on order of Ferdinand IV.
The most interesting monuments are the church of St. Maria of Gesù with the annexed Convent of Minori Osservanti, both of the XV century; the baroque church Matrice and Giuffrè Palace with an important portal in baroque style.