|The town of Saponara
Tourism in Saponara
Dating to the early XVIII century, the Cathedral Church is placed in the eastern area of the village, in piazza Municipio.
The inside decorations are made by Giuseppe Crestadoro (1711-1808), a famous painter of the time, and they are present on a large part of the structure, from chapels to the altar, from walls to inside apses.
Many frescoes have been made at the end of the XVIII century and mainly represent San Nicolò, such as in the case of the canvas which surmounts the chapel on the left of the greater.
Photo © Wikipedia
Just to San Nicolò was dedicated the Church, proof of the deep devoutness of inhabitants of the village to this Saint.