|The town of Torregrotta
Tourism in Torregrotta
The Church of SS. Crocifisso, which during the building of the new parish of San Paolino Vescovo has been used as the main church, about in the 70s, it has been modernized to make it, limitedly to area, more welcoming.
Photo © Edas
Inside, besides the SS. Crucifix, set at the back of the middle altar, there are four statues worshipped with particular devoutness.
It is the statue of Madonna del Tindari, made build in 1925 and recently restored; the statue of San Vincenzo Ferreri, the statue of St. Anthony of Padua, which is object of a particular expression of particular cult by all of the people, and the statue of Madonna del Carmine, given by benefactors too.
A series of twelve lights, eliminated by the last modernizations, was put in honour of as many nuns of the order dead during the earthquake of 1908.