|The town of Ficarazzi
Tourism in Ficarazzi
The Castle is considered the most important monument of town. It has been built since the second half of the XV century.
The original structure of building is th tower, that in the long run it has been object of different alterations.
Near 1733 it was added a further wing on the eastern part and was made the suggestive stone double flight of stairs.
It is placed upon valuable arches and on its sides there is a valuable balustrade spaced by acroteria.
Photo © Edizioni Leopardi
Later it was built a Gothic chapel which was then called of Crucifix and of it remain only boundary walls in which it is possible to see dimly slender arches.
In the long run the Castle was no more used for the sake of defending but inhabiting.
This led to build further places such as large halls with decorated ceilings, terraces and large balconies, an elegant stone portal at the entry.