|The town of Giuliana
Tourism in Giuliana
Giuliana perhaps has risen as feudal fortress and was surrounded by boundery walls which was demolished only in the XIX century.
This characteristic associates it to structures built for military use which were very frequent in Norman Sicily.
The Cathedral Church raises in a flat area and it was erected in the XIV century and embellished with a typical Sicilian XIVth-century architecture.
Photo © Edizioni Leopardi
Between 1935 and 1938 the Church has been altered because of Vincenzo Luparello (1903-1964). In fact according to his plan it was included on a side a portal in Gothic style which belonged to ex Church of Sant'Antonino.
In the northern side of the main wall of structure are set numerous tiles in local inlaid stone, symbols of the ancient and flourishing handicraft.
Inside the Church, in one of the chapels, it is possible to admire a splendid marble Baptesimal font, a work made by the artist of Giuliana Sebastiano Tinnaro (XVI century).