The town of Acate
Tourism in Acate
Amongst the numerous monuments which embellish the town of Acate, the Castle of the Prince of Biscari stands out for its grandeur.
Built in 1494, it rises right in the centre of the town and looks on a large wooded square: next to it, there is also the interesting church of S. Vincenzo built in 1643.
The construction of the castle was ordered by Baron Guglielmo Raimondo, who also contribute to the town development.
During the years the castle was modified and currently it shows its 18th century structure.
Only the portal, which marked the entrance to the palace, is still original.
Historically and architecturally very important is also the annexed prison, with its double grating huge cells.