Italiano

Some data about the province of Trapani

Population and territory

The province of Trapani counts 436.624 inhabitants. It covers a surface of 2460,08 square kilometers, the poupulation density is therefore of 177,5 inhabitants for square kilometer.

Infrastructures
The province has two airports, that one of Birgi and that one of Pantelleria. There are several ports for passengers and goods ad well as of armament for fishing fleets. Various state roads connect all the common each other, moreover the territory is crossed by the A19 freeway (Palermo - Mazara del Vallo) whichf branches off reaching Trapani and the airport of Birgi. There are 1.329 kilometers of inner roads, with 32 kilometers of mountain roads. There are also 178 kilometers of single track, not electrified railroad.

Tourism


This field carries out a marginal role within the local economy, despite of the numerous natural beauties and the richest archaeological and cultural testimonies. The 86 hotels and the 39 complementary exercises accommodated approximately 260,000 customers in 1998, with a stay of approximately 750,000 days. The rate development (+6%) has turned out however to be inferior to the Sicilian average (+12,1%). The quota of Italians on the total grazes 80%. The quota of foreigns covers the remaining 20%, and turns out to be inferior of the average regional value (36%). The medium presence for customer turns out equal to 3.2 days in case of national customers and equal to 2.2 days in case of foreign customers.

Labor market

The data subdivided for age and sex give show the disadvantage conditions for the young people in job matter. The rate regarding unemployment for people less than 30 years old reaches 32.8%. For the girls less than 25 years old the unemployment rate turns out to be equal to 55,0%. The only growing field turns out to be that one of the services.

Enterprises
A global overview of the enterprises in the province of Trapani is reported in the following table:

Table of enterprises, independent workers, employees and total.

Town Enterprises Independent workers Employees Total
Alcamo 2.385 3.025 2.837 5.862
Buseto Palizzolo 137 170 116 286
Calatafimi 366 467 483 950
Campobello di Mazara 575 707 422 1.129
Castellammare del Golfo 847 1.006 850 1.856
Castelvetrano 1.731 2.091 2.323 4.414
Custonaci 328 425 799 1.224
Erice 1.143 1.411 1.426 2.837
Favignana 224 309 367 676
Gibellina 198 252 112 364
Marsala 4.467 5.476 5.156 10.632
Mazara del Vallo 2.503 3.200 4.237 7.437
Paceco 532 687 549 1.236
Pantelleria 459 584 446 1.030
Partanna 540 666 425 1.091
Petrosino 353 467 350 817
Poggioreale 55 64 20 84
Salaparuta 78 102 38 140
Salemi 572 711 409 1.120
Santa Ninfa 301 405 525 930
San Vito Lo Capo 264 341 282 623
Trapani 4.369 5.464 5.868 11.332
Valderice 580 706 829 1.535
Vita 113 134 88 222
Total 23.120 28.870 28.957 57.827

Source: 2001 ISTAT census

Data: 1996 Intermediate ISTAT census - Data: ISTAT 2001-1996 data comparison

Table of enterprises classified by number of employees.

Town 1 2 3 to 5 6 to 9 10 to 15 16 to 19 20 to 49 50 to 99 100 to 199 200 to 249 250 to 499 Total
Alcamo 1.408 410 357 131 51 9 17 1 1 0 0 2.385
Buseto Palizzolo 70 39 21 6 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 137
Calatafimi 209 71 55 16 10 1 4 0 0 0 0 366
Campobello di Mazara 378 107 60 19 4 4 3 0 0 0 0 575
Castellammare del Golfo 547 144 102 31 15 5 2 1 0 0 0 847
Castelvetrano 1.018 310 257 82 36 13 11 4 0 0 0 1.731
Custonaci 150 59 70 24 10 4 10 1 0 0 0 328
Erice 710 189 160 45 25 6 5 2 1 0 0 1.143
Favignana 137 51 22 8 3 1 1 0 0 1 0 224
Gibellina 128 42 21 4 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 198
Marsala 2.742 754 638 208 70 20 29 3 3 0 0 4.467
Mazara del Vallo 1.432 408 350 142 109 26 31 5 0 0 0 2.503
Paceco 312 96 83 27 5 6 3 0 0 0 0 532
Pantelleria 261 85 87 17 7 1 0 1 0 0 0 459
Partanna 347 99 67 11 14 0 2 0 0 0 0 540
Petrosino 228 53 46 16 6 1 2 1 0 0 0 353
Poggioreale 42 8 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 55
Salaparuta 49 15 10 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 78
Salemi 368 101 76 16 9 0 2 0 0 0 0 572
Santa Ninfa 180 41 46 19 9 1 4 0 1 0 0 301
San Vito Lo Capo 155 58 31 12 6 0 1 1 0 0 0 264
Trapani 2.566 732 711 213 88 15 37 4 3 0 0 4.369
Valderice 325 117 89 22 14 7 5 1 0 0 0 580
Vita 80 13 14 3 2 0 1 0 0 0 0 113
Total 13.842 4.002 3.375 1.079 495 120 172 25 9 1 0 23.120

Source: 2001 ISTAT census

Data: 1996 Intermediate ISTAT census - Data: ISTAT 2001-1996 data comparison

The Company

The Reti e Sistemi S.r.l. founded in 2000 by a group of professionals with decades of experience in Information Technology to be able to meet the most diverse computing needs of its valued customers.

Information

  • Phone: +39 0923 / 547983 - +39 0923 / 548695
  • Fax: +39 0923 / 038230
  • E-mail: info@sicilia.indettaglio.it
  • Address: Corso Piersanti Mattarella n. 12 91100 Trapani (Tp) Italia